WA Based Lenders

I love living in Perth, and where I can, I'll always try and support Western Australian based businesses. When it comes to lenders, do you know which lenders are owned or headquartered in WA? If you want to support WA-based jobs with your home loan choice then here are your options:

Lender Branches in WA

The internet has made dealing with lenders much easier over the last ten years. But there are still times when you need to visit your lender to speak with someone face to face. So, which lenders have the most branches available to us here in Western Australia? Find out below.

WA First Home Owners Grant

The Western Australian First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) is a one-off grant payable to first home owners that satisfy all the eligibility criteria. As well as the First Home Owners Grant, eligible first home buyers may also be able to apply for the First Home Owners Rate of Duty (FHOR) i.e. concessional Transfer Duty/Stamp Duty.

WA First Home Owners Reduced Rate of Stamp Duty

When buying a home in Western Australia, if you were / or are eligible for the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG), then you may also be eligible for the First Home Owners Reduced Rate (FHOR) of Stamp Duty (AKA Transfer Duty) depending on the value of the property.

The WA Rates of Stamp Duty

Eligible property transactions (including purchases or gifts) in WA are charged Stamp Duty (also known as Transfer Duty) at the WA Residential Rate. This rate applies to owner-occupied homes, rental homes, holiday homes and land on which a residence is constructed within 5 years of the purchase date.